This low-carb keto porridge is the perfect warming breakfast for cool winter months. It’s naturally sweet, light, and fluffy, with the texture similar to cream of wheat. You can top the porridge with fresh or stewed berries, granola, cinnamon, or anything else you would top your regular oatmeal with.
- Add the sunflower seeds and flax seeds into a high-speed blender and blend into a fine meal.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt, and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer all the dry ingredients into a small saucepan. Add the almond milk and stir until well combined.
- Heat over medium-low heat until warm. The longer you cook the porridge, the thicker it will be. If the porridge is too thick, add a little bit more almond milk.
- Transfer the porridge into serving bowls. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with berries, coconut, and pumpkin seeds, Serve hot.
- Leftover porridge (without toppings) keeps well covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup almond flour, finely ground
2 Tbsp. golden flax seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
Pinch sea salt
Preparation: 10 min
This recipe was provided by Nutrition Refined. www.nutritionrefined.com